Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Truth about OPKs

I'll be totally honest in telling you that I have gained a significant amount of knowledge, while trying to have a baby.   Most of it has come only in the last year, when I really started to track cycles, test with ovulation predictors and keep track of other signs and symptoms.

One of the things I learned about the OPKs?   A positive result doesn't mean you WILL ovulate.
I thought it meant that you were or you would.    Evidently, our bodies have a surge of LH (the luteinizing hormone) a day or two before we SHOULD ovulate.  Some women will get a positive and not ovulate at all.   How did I not know that?
So, the OPK is just sort of a guide, as to when we should expect to ovulate.  I mean it's still a great tool to have!   Because I know, when I got my positives last year, I always acted on it!    I bet that's when I got pregnant.



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your thoughts here: