Wednesday, January 20, 2016

All the Hope it can hold

I was off of work on Monday, to get some labs drawn at the fertility center.   When I came home, of course, my mind was racing.  I started Googling all things fertility and found an article about a Fertility Hope Chest.

I've always loved hope chests.. and I just found out Monday, why they're called such.
If you don't want to click, and don't already know:  the Hope chest was born of the idea for young unwed girls/women, to store items in, in anticipation of their future marriages.   I had NO idea.   I just knew I always liked them.    We were supposed to take my mom in law's, but never got around to loading it in the truck and bringing it home.   Well, it so happened that, last summer, a friend of ours gave us one to sell at our yard sale.   It never sold, and I was secretly HOPING it wouldn't!   (see what I did there?)    So, we brought it back in the house and decided to put it in our family room.    It's been there ever since;I've been meaning to put some sheets and blankets in it, to store for the season(s).
    BUT, now..........

When I saw the Fertility Hope Chest mentioned, I knew I wanted to do this.  At first, yes, I considered that it might be a daring thing to do.   In that I might get my HOPES up about something that might never happen for us.   BUT, I also thought that it might not ever happen,  when I did get pregnant in 2014.  
When I started 'putting it out there' by verbalizing and planning things, and believing it was going to happen, I felt SO MUCH positivity!     So, I decided I have a Fertility Hope Chest!    All things "child-to-be".  I even put my pregnancy books in there (my journal from my 1st pregnancy) that I didn't get to finish, and my What To Expect book from my mother in law.    I'm excited about finding things to keep in there, and things that I will just happen to see when I'm out.  Now, I don't have to be afraid to "jinx" myself.  I don't believe in that anyway.     It's ok to have high hopes, and I think I finally realize that, again.


Image result for hope



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your thoughts here: