Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Our Own Little World

Even though we tried to have a baby, for years, I wasn't always vocal about it.   It was only in 2014, when I started Clomid, that I really put my story out there. Even though I wasn't ready to share it among the people I knew, I joined a couple of TTC communities on various websites.  There were so many stories out there, I was truly amazed at some of them.    I learned SO much from those communities and still continue to.    I had no idea what a "rainbow baby" was and then when I found out, I was so sad for those women who were waiting for theirs.  Little did I know, I'd be one of them someday.

For a time, I was just another woman who was struggling with infertility.  I joined the masses of others who were in the same situation.    Then, after my ectopic and resulting pregnancy loss, I joined another rank.  Sadly.     I'm so glad that these boards, forums, communities and websites are in existence.  I don't know many women, in my life, that are able to relate to some of the things I've been going through and/or am still going through.   The women I've "met" in some of these online communities, may seem like perfect strangers to an outsider, but to me they're not.   I'm fortunate in that I can find the support and encouragement I need, whenever I need it.  It helps to hear advice and similar stories, and know that I'm not alone.    It sucks that anyone has to share in this experience or that any woman has gone through these stages, but it sure helps to have someone to talk to or help us through it.
Even, in the cases where women aren't having fertility issues and just want to be a part of a TTC community, it's nice to be able to.    Some women just aren't ready to announce their pregnancies and still want to share the early weeks/months with someone who can relate or appreciate the emotions, so it's then that they can turn to an online community and do that.  
I'm grateful for the support and the fellowship I've been blessed with.  Truly.
I just hope and pray for a happy ending for all of us.






1 comment:

leave your thoughts here: